Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Problem with multiuser access in asp.net - help wanted

Problem with multiuser access in asp.net - help wanted

Deep Silent Ocean

Hi All

I am developing one Portfolio Management application where there is
single database shared by all the traders.

I have developed web-based application for this. I want to make this
multiuser application.

Following is the architecture of the application ...

Front End is developed in WebForms

Business Layerm : Represented by one Object
Database Layer : Represented by one Object
and Actual Database : SQL Server

Now, when I open two browser window and open Main-Entry form in both the
windows.

Now, when I deleted one transaction in one window and it gets updated in
database and that page gets refreshed and shows updated data.

now, in the second browser-window still there is stale data, now when i
select the same transactions which i deleted in the first window it
throws me error. it says that row is no longer there. That means DataSet
is shared by both the pages.

How, can I avoid that so that every opening of new windows gets its own
dataset ? or some log-in mechanisam which creates different session for
every user ...

I want to seperate out the user from each other so that individual user
can work on its own set of dataset ..

My Business Logic Layer and DbLogic Layer are seperate projects. Both
the layers are represented by one Object which i get from Factory pattern...

Following is the object creation sequence :

So invocation of Entry-Main Form.aspx creates one business object - >
business object inturn create dbutil object - > db util has dataset
within it which stores data coming out from stored procedure ...

Silent Ocean ...

clintonG

I suggest you study ASP.NET 2.0 Membership, Roles, and Profiles as that
architecture is the solution you seek.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/