Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > ActiveX Control on ASP.NET Page

ActiveX Control on ASP.NET Page

CSharpNewBie

Hi

I have a ActiveX control (TcpSocket Client) which has 3 Events
OnConnect/OnDisconnect and OnEvent.
my question is
how do I embed this non-visual control on a aspx webpage and create a
OnEvent Handler which receives data from a Tcp Server and add that to
dataset to be displayed on DataGrid.

This works fine a on Windows Application.

Thanks in Advance.

CSharpNewBie

Ok. I was able to get the ActiveX control to be created but now here's the
error message
Also the first Event works but not the second which has the EventSink

Server Error in '/WebApp' Application.

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040202.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception
from HRESULT: 0x80040202.

Source Error:

Line 36: this.asta.HostPort = 9000;
Line 37: this.asta.OnConnect +=new
IcaAlertReceiverXEvents_OnConnectEventHandler(asta _OnConnect);
Line 38: this.asta.OnEvent +=new
IcaAlertReceiverXEvents_OnEventEventHandler(asta_O nEvent);
Line 39: this.asta.OpenConnection();
Line 40: // Put user code to initialize the page here

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapp\webform.aspx.cs Line: 38

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80040202): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040202.]
System.Runtime.InteropServices.UCOMIConnectionPoin t.Advise(Object
pUnkSink, Int32& pdwCookie) +0
caAlertObject.IcaAlertReceiverXEvents_EventProvide r.add_OnEvent(IcaAlertReceiverXEvents_OnEventEvent Handler
)
caAlertObject.caAlertReceiverXClass.add_OnEvent(Ic aAlertReceiverXEvents_OnEventEventHandler
) +0
WebApp.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webapp\webform.aspx.cs:38
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks