Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > asp:TextBox

asp:TextBox

foldface@yahoo.co.uk

Hi
I have code like this:

<asp:textbox id="theID" Runat="server" readonly=True width="150px">

It gets rendered as this:

<INPUT id=theID style="WIDTH: 100%" readOnly value=Normal name=theID>

Why has the width changed? I've seen this before and, like now,
I resort to using

<input runat=server...

because that doesn't change.

I did have a look with reflector to see if I could see anything but
no joy

Any ideas?

ta

foldface@yahoo.co.uk

Hi
I actually tracked this down to a bit of code in the base class that
I knew nothing
about (not written by me) that manually does this change! Sounds a bit
ill advised to me

Thanks for the help.