Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Unable to use the column's defaultvalue when inserting a row

Unable to use the column's defaultvalue when inserting a row

jmvc

Hi,

I'm trying to insert a row in a table, using a dataset. But when I try to
update the dataset with the dataadapter, it triggers a exception telling that
there's a column with a null value, instead of that columns was defined with
a default value in SQL Server.

I'm using Visual Basic of Visual Studio 2003, connected to a SQL Server
database and developping (or trying to develop) a web application.

Can somebody help me ???

Regards,

Jorge VC

Nathan Sokalski

Could you post the code you are using to do this? I think I will be able to
help more when I see the code.
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/