Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > How to record audio from ASP.NET website?

How to record audio from ASP.NET website?

Vihar Patel

Hello Group,

I want to record audio file using Webpage, I am using ASP.NET (1.1
Framerwork) to develop website.
If anyone knows about this, then please let me know,

Thanks in Advance,
Vihar Patel

wl

"Vihar Patel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Group,
>
> I want to record audio file using Webpage, I am using ASP.NET (1.1
> Framerwork) to develop website.
> If anyone knows about this, then please let me know,
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Vihar Patel

You can not do this using ASP.NET.
ASP.net mainly works serverside (except for some client (=browser) side
Javascript that can be generated by asp.net).

If you want to be able to have your website visitors record an audio file
from within this website, you'll need an ActiveX
running in your browser (that may send its data to the server).

Wim

Vihar Patel

Hey 'Wl',

Thanks for reply, Can you pls suggest any kind of ActiveX of give me
details about developing this kind of control?

Thanks
Vihar Patel

--
Sent via .NET Newsgroups
http://www.dotnetnewsgroups.com

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here's an article describing how to use the Windows Media Player ActiveX
control to play multimedia files.
With some tinkering, you may be able to adapt this technique to record as
well.
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/StreamingMedia.aspx

--
I hope this helps,