Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > View DataSet Relational Data

View DataSet Relational Data

Evan M.

Hello everybody, hopefully someone can help me with this, or point me
in the right direction.

I have a DataSet that I've read in from an XML file with an associated
schema. The DataSet ends up with two tables: document and category.
document contains document information, including a category ID inside
of a <category> tag. The category table / XML entries only have two
columns: <id> and <name>.

Inside of my XSD file I've created the relationship between
document:category and category:id (or atleast, so I believe). Now, I'm
trying to get it so that in my repeater control that outputs the list
of documents, rather than it showing the id number from
document:category, it instead shows the related category:name
associated with it. (i.e. it says "New Products" rather than the ID# of
5).

Anyone know how I can do this? Thanks
Evan M.

Harolds

I haven't used it myself, but it seems that the DataViewManager is what you
are looking for.

Take a look at:
ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/cpguide/html/cpconsettingdefaulttableviewsusingdataviewmanager. htm