Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Event Handling Question

Event Handling Question

Forch

Hi guys,

I have an ASPX page with one custom control, and the custom control has a
button in it.

When the user clicks on the button in the custom control, I would like to
call a method in the page that is parenting the custom control.

Is there a way I can do this? Is there a way for the parent to detect that
the button has been clicked?

Thanks!

Forch

Brock Allen

You should make your custom control raise its own custom event when it detects
the button was clicked. Here's a sample:

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...x#exposingevts

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen