Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Best way to display and administer semi-structured data.

Best way to display and administer semi-structured data.

single threaded

What's the best design practice to follow when building an administrative
front-end to manage semi-structured data. For example, What's the best way
to manage the following xml data ? Master-Detail clearly falls short.
Also, what's the best way to store it in DB ? As a native xml or build
relational tables and shread the doc into the tables ?

<node1 attr1="xx1">
<node2 attr2="yy1">
<node3 attr3="zz1">
<node4 attr4 ="x" attr5="n1"></node4>
<node4 attr4 ="y" attr5="n2"></node4>
</node3>
<node3 attr3="zz2">
</node3>
</node2>
<node2 attr2="yy2">
<node3 attr3="zz3">
</node3>
<node3 attr3="zz4">
</node3>
<node3 attr3="zz5">
<node4 attr4 ="z" attr5="n3"></node4>
</node3>
</node2>
</node1>
<node1>...
</node1>

Thanks
SingleThreaded

single threaded

Hi,
I hope i posted this question to the correct discusion board. Please suggest
if this question should be posed to a different group.

Thanks
Singlethreaded

"single threaded" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's the best design practice to follow when building an administrative
> front-end to manage semi-structured data. For example, What's the best way
> to manage the following xml data ? Master-Detail clearly falls short.
> Also, what's the best way to store it in DB ? As a native xml or build
> relational tables and shread the doc into the tables ?
>
> <node1 attr1="xx1">
> <node2 attr2="yy1">
> <node3 attr3="zz1">
> <node4 attr4 ="x" attr5="n1"></node4>
> <node4 attr4 ="y" attr5="n2"></node4>
> </node3>
> <node3 attr3="zz2">
> </node3>
> </node2>
> <node2 attr2="yy2">
> <node3 attr3="zz3">
> </node3>
> <node3 attr3="zz4">
> </node3>
> <node3 attr3="zz5">
> <node4 attr4 ="z" attr5="n3"></node4>
> </node3>
> </node2>
> </node1>
> <node1>...
> </node1>
>
> Thanks
> SingleThreaded

Best way to administer code updates to server daemon Daniel da Silva Python 4 01-23-2011 12:37 AM
How to display Administer Website at Runtime through Application ? Luqman ASP .Net 2 07-02-2007 01:49 PM
Can't administer a 2519 Fiston67 Cisco 0 10-12-2006 04:23 PM
How can I administer a workgroup in my home =?Utf-8?B?U01BMTk3NA==?= Wireless Networking 3 05-31-2006 10:42 PM
Administer IIS from ASP.NET Stefan Landgraf ASP .Net 0 10-28-2003 08:52 AM

Advertisments