Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > IE Web TreeView Control - Sorting?

IE Web TreeView Control - Sorting?

Aaron Corcoran

Dear Group,

My coworker has been working on a project that uses the IE TreeView
control to mimic an explorer window. Everything works close to plan
except the way the control sorts the files. If you take the following
filenames as an example, sorted the way Windows Explorer would handle
them by name:

1-1 Warforged
1-2 Eberron is Wonderful
1-10 Pierce Lives
1-20 Go Vaddi Go
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

If you view these in the TreeView control, it sorts them
alphabetically, returning the results:

1-1 Warforged
1-10 Pierce Lives
1-2 Eberron is Wonderful
1-20 Go Vaddi Go
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Is there an easy way to handle an alphanumeric search, similar to that
of Windows Explorer using the IE Web TreeView control? I do understand
that the users could put leading zeros on all of their numbers to get
the desired result; however, I'd like to alleviate that strain and
aid my coworker in this task. I'm sure there is a parsing routine I
could use as well, but again, this seems overly complex as though I
might be missing something.

Any assistance in the matter would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Aaron