Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Tool Tip for Drop Down Control

Tool Tip for Drop Down Control

Angel

IS there anyway to display a tooltip on the Drop Down Control?

thanks...

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

it is not due to DropDownList as a ASP.NET Control, but that it renders a
<SELECT> HTML Element which does not support this feature as such.

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider

Jens Ansorg

Teemu Keiski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is not due to DropDownList as a ASP.NET Control, but that it renders a
> <SELECT> HTML Element which does not support this feature as such.

Try it with Firefox or any ohter modern bowser and you will see the
tooltip on dropdown.

It's just MSIE that doesn't display them. Wonder whether IE7 will
improve on that?

Teemu Keiski

Yes, thanks for clarification. I meant also IE (point was that problems's
not in DropDownList purely, though it ignores the Tooltip property as well,
but I'd remember one can force it via Attributes collection)

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider