Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > two grids with validators

two grids with validators

latha

Hi
I have two datagrids (master - detail) in one page and I have required field
validators for both the grids template columns.
My problem is if click on the add buton in the footer of details grid, it is
also firing required field validation in the master grid which is not valid.
How can prevent the databind of parent grid on clicking the add button of
detail grid so that master validators will not fire.

Thanks

Brock Allen

This is a limitation in validation in 1.1. In ASP.NET 2.0 they've addressed
this problem with ValidationGroups.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen