Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Range validator: not error if data unconvertable

Range validator: not error if data unconvertable

yzarcman@gmail.com

I would like the range validator to not show an error if the data
cannot be converted. I'm using regular expressions to notify them to
leave off $ and %, but when they put those into the field they get an
error about the $ and an error about it not being in range x to y.

If they read too much into the range error their number may be in the
appropriate range, and confuse them.

Any way to add validation sequence? First check for malformed entry,
once that passes, then check the range.

Thanks for your help,
Greg