Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > DropDownList postback

DropDownList postback

Manuel

Hi all,
I have a dropdownlist with postback set to true because I need to use the
selecteditemchange event.
However, each time I select one item from the list, my page opens again. If
i select 10 times from my original page, finally I have 11 pages (my original
page+10new).
The IsPostBack event never returns true
Any help on this, please?

Brock Allen

Sounds like somehow there's javascript to open a new window and do a GET
of the original page. I'd suggest building a seperate page to test the AutoPostBack
of the DropDownList, get that working, then try to find out what extra stuff
the page that's not working has added that's not in your test page.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen