Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > textbox onfocus event

textbox onfocus event

David Perez

Hi all,

We are working in an application that must have this textbox property:

When a user click on a textbox, the textbox must throw a new aspx window
with a Calendar control on it. When the user select the date this new window
mut be closed and the date picked must be shown in the textbox.

In VB there's no event to do this (onfocus), and we wonder if any knows a
way to do this.

Thanks.....David

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

You'd need to do this with client-side JavaScript using the onfocus event.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...ts/onfocus.asp

Here's a control that does a little of what you want, although it fires on
the click event of an image rather than when the textbox gets the focus:

http://www.basicdatepicker.com/samples/

news:(E-Mail Removed)...