Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Style tag access webcontrol

Style tag access webcontrol

Shark Bait

I created a new WebControl that can be dropped on a web form from the
toolbox. I drop the control on the form and it looks great. When I drag it
around, like say to the bottom of the page it goes to the bottom and adds a
"style" attribute to the control with the positioning information. Still
everything is fine at this point. Then I view it in the browser and the
control shows up at the top of the page, in view source the style tag is
missing.

Anyone have any idea how I can make the style tag stick?

Thanks

Ohio Mike

Have you tried adding 'HorizontalAlign="bottom"' to your control tag on the
markup page or webcontrol.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.bottom in the
page load of your codebehind instead of just dragging it around in the
designer? I've noticed that some things in the beta don't work exactly how
you expect them to in the designer, especially when working with user
controls that are derived from a derived class.