Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > TemplateControl??

TemplateControl??

Ron Vecchi

Is it possible to create a custom control like the below example.
Basically the custom control will have a public property of type
PlaceHolder. What ever html content is enter between the <Container>
elements should be added to part of the Placeholders control colleciton.

Is this possible? any good resources for doing this out there?
---------------
<cc1:MyCustomControl id="Control" runat="server">
<Container>
//insert html content
</Container>
</cc1:MyCustomControl>
----------------

Thanks!
Ron

Brock Allen

Yes, you can. Here are a couple of articles:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/01/cutting/
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...e/default.aspx

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen

> Is it possible to create a custom control like the below example.
> Basically the custom control will have a public property of type
> PlaceHolder. What ever html content is enter between the <Container>
> elements should be added to part of the Placeholders control
> colleciton.
>
> Is this possible? any good resources for doing this out there?
> ---------------
> <cc1:MyCustomControl id="Control" runat="server">
> <Container>
> //insert html content
> </Container>
> </cc1:MyCustomControl>
>
> Thanks!
> Ron

Ron

Excellent, the second one was what I was looking for,

Thanks!
Ron

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...