Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Error in doPostBack function for Calendar control

Error in doPostBack function for Calendar control

Koi

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as this guy:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a5232d241fc119

Basically it comes down to this:

- I have an "application template" (.aspx) that loads user controls
- The <form> tag(s) are in the user controls (.ascx)
- One of these user controls has a Calendar control
- When you view the page in a browser, .NET has given the form the
name: "_ctl0:Form1"
- The __doPostBack javascript function contains the line: "theform =
document._ctl0:Form1;"

Now this isn't valid javascript, and of course the postback doesn't
work (plus a javascript error on page load).

I'm guessing this is a bug, since it is .NET that generates illegal
javascript code, while it should be possible to have a calendar control
within a user control, right?

Is there a workaround? Can I write my own __doPostBack function and use
eg. forms[0] instead of the form name?

Putting the <form> within the .aspx is not an option, as there already
numerous applications where the <form> is in the .ascx.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Problem with FileUpload control and doPostback Marko Vuksanovic ASP .Net 1 07-02-2006 02:25 PM
adding extra code to the doPostBack function =?Utf-8?B?Q2VzYXI=?= ASP .Net 1 06-16-2005 10:17 PM
doPostBack error tfs ASP .Net 3 06-29-2004 09:03 AM
JS runtime error in doPostBack with control:control form ID Matt Petteys ASP .Net 0 08-14-2003 12:19 PM
doPostBack client-side function Johno ASP .Net 3 07-21-2003 09:02 AM

Advertisments