Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Viewstate

Viewstate

Mike

Hi,
I'm developing a Composite Control that have a <div>, inside a Table, that
can be moved by the user with the limits of the table. What I want, is that
when postback raised the <div> maintain the position seted by the user.
Somebody know how can i do that?
Thanks

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

you need to store that position values (coordinates whatsoever) into
something, like hidden input fields, which you read on postback and set back
to the DIV. How you read the values from the DIV depends how you have
allowed user to change the position.

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, Finland

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I'm developing a Composite Control that have a <div>, inside a Table, that
> can be moved by the user with the limits of the table. What I want, is
> that
> when postback raised the <div> maintain the position seted by the user.
> Somebody know how can i do that?
> Thanks

Mike

Thanks, i did it. But how can i do to get the value of the input hidden
before build de control?

Thanks

news:Os$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> you need to store that position values (coordinates whatsoever) into
> something, like hidden input fields, which you read on postback and set

back
> to the DIV. How you read the values from the DIV depends how you have
> allowed user to change the position.
>
> --
> Teemu Keiski
> ASP.NET MVP, Finland

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > I'm developing a Composite Control that have a <div>, inside a Table,

that
> > can be moved by the user with the limits of the table. What I want, is
> > that
> > when postback raised the <div> maintain the position seted by the user.
> > Somebody know how can i do that?
> > Thanks

Teemu Keiski

With Request.Form("<name of the hidden filed here>") is one way or like

Dim postedValue As String=Hidden1.Value
'Use the value here...
'...

where Hidden1 is ID of your hidden field control (assumes that it is
declared also with runat="server", otherwise you need to take it from
Request.Form collection)

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider