Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > DataGrid

DataGrid

voo

I would like to group the rows of a datagrid so its value spans multiple rows.

A 1 12
A 2 24
A 3 11
B 1 14
B 2 12
B 3 11

I want to have A and B span 3 rows and display only once.

How can I do this in OnItemBound

Thanks.

Nick Stansbury

I think what you mean is you are looking for Outlook style group-by-column
functionality. I don't know if this is possible with the MS datagrid but it
would be possible with some 3rd part controls - Telerik are just about to
release a grid control with this functionality, as well as dynamic column
re-sizing & re-ordering etc.

Nick

"voo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to group the rows of a datagrid so its value spans multiple

rows.

> A 1 12
> A 2 24
> A 3 11
> B 1 14
> B 2 12
> B 3 11
>
> I want to have A and B span 3 rows and display only once.
>
> How can I do this in OnItemBound
>
> Thanks.

Re: Datagrid: how cut short display of a long description in a datagrid column Brian K. Williams ASP .Net 0 03-02-2004 08:35 PM
RE: Datagrid: how cut short display of a long description in a datagrid column =?Utf-8?B?U3VyZXNo?= ASP .Net 0 03-02-2004 08:31 PM
datagrid in datagrid BK Kim ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 06:34 AM
Call Datagrid Command column outside datagrid Dave ASP .Net 0 11-20-2003 11:11 AM