Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > SortCommand event does not fire when ViewState is disabled

SortCommand event does not fire when ViewState is disabled

ae

i have a custom datagrid with the viewstate turned off. i plan on caching
the datasource and handling this myself rather than using viewstate. when
the viewstate is disabled my SortCommand event handler never gets fired.

ae

i know how to do this in c#, but i'm not sure how this is done in vb.net.
also, do you know how i'd do this from within the custom control itself?

"Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]" wrote:

> This is by design. you need to rehook all events on page load
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alvin Bruney
> [Shameless Author Plug]
> available at www.lulu.com/owc
> _________________________
>

> "ae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i have a custom datagrid with the viewstate turned off. i plan on caching
> > the datasource and handling this myself rather than using viewstate. when
> > the viewstate is disabled my SortCommand event handler never gets fired.

venuprs

Hello,

Can anyone please forward me the code for the Custom Datagrid with ViewState disabled.I am working on something like this.I would appreciate your help.my email address is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Thanks

User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)