Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Using a Button in a DataGrid after postback

Using a Button in a DataGrid after postback

Eric@PWS

I have a User Control that does the following: on first display, there is a
set of controls that collect search criteria. On PostBack, the controls are
shown with their settings (thanks to ViewState) and a DataGrid appears with
the results of the search. I then want to link to other pages from each of
the rows using buttoncolumns of the DataGrid.

Note that I need to load the DataGrid if it IS a PostBack.

Anyway, the whole thing works fine if the links are LinkButtons and I use
the ItemCommand event to extract the command. It doesn't work if the links
are PushButtons. I understand why it doesn't work. I'd like to know if there
is a workaround that anyone has used. The UI design uses PushButtons in all
of the datagrids. This is the only one that can't use PushButtons, so it's
inconsistent.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Eric

--