Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Visual Studio does not handle correctly the control

Visual Studio does not handle correctly the control

Seduto

Hi all,
I have build a custom webcontrol. It works fine.
The control has other controls inside.

[ToolboxData("<{0}:Navigation runat=server></{0}:Navigation>")]
[ParseChildren(false)]
public class Navigation: BaseControl, INamingContainer
{

As long as I edit directly the page aspx everything work. When I modified
any proprty of the control from the property edit Visual Studio delete
everything inside the control.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

to clarify, do you allow adding child controls to this one via VS.NET
design interface?

If that's the case I suppose that you should also have PersistChildren(true)
so that designer persists child controls as nested inner controls. Second
thing is that you might want to have some sort of designer for your control
(unless you don't already have). Panel has a PanelDesigner which derives
from ReadWriteControlDesigner (such is needed when adding child controls
into a control via design drag/drop interface like with Panel)

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, Finland

news:(E-Mail Removed)...