Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > OWC Example that uses the ActiveX control on the client

OWC Example that uses the ActiveX control on the client

Jason Madison

I've found plenty of examples of how to use the Office Web Components with
asp.net to generate an image of the chart to send through to the client, but
what I would also like to be able to do is work with the activex controls on
the web page sent to the client.

I've tried just dropping the activex control on the web page and setting a
data source. This displays data in design mode but when I run it nothing is
displayed. I would also like to be able to dynamically set the properties of
the controls on the server at run time, but there doesn't seem anything
available to wrap the control to work with it in asp.net.

Ideally I would like the example to be in C#, but obviously that is less
important than getting the example!

Thanks

Jason Madison

Well I ordered your book a few days ago, so I think I will have to wait for
it to arrive. I'm not really clear what you have said below so it isn't
enough to get me started. Are you saying just add in the object reference?

<OBJECT style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 112px; WIDTH: 552px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 144px; HEIGHT: 328px"
classid="clsid:0002E559-0000-0000-C000-000000000046" VIEWASTEXT>
<PARAM NAME="DataType" VALUE="XMLDATA">
etc etc

Whenever I do this I get a huge page full of xml data being assigned to the

<PARAM NAME="XMLData" VALUE=

parameter which I don't understand and would hate to have to generate from
some external data.

Also this is exactly the data that displays at design time and not at run
time.

Thanks

news:eHA%(E-Mail Removed)...