Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Validation Control text on load?

Validation Control text on load?

Nathan Truhan

Hello,
I know on the validation controls, you specify an Error message and Text,
where when incorrectly validated the Text will appear and the Error message
appear in a validation summary. However, is there a way to make the
validation control show the Text at all times, such as on load and only show
the error message when there is an error, possibly displaying the text on
load in some color, such as yellow and when an error occurs change it to red?

Reason is, my users are having trouble determining what are required fields
on a form. I can put a * next to it manuallly, but when it validates wrong
it would then show ** (If I use * as .Text property).

Thank you,
Nathan