Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Getting values entered into (dynamicly loaded control)

Getting values entered into (dynamicly loaded control)

Micha³ Januszczyk

I've dynamicly loaded user control (.ascx file) into my page via
Page.LoadControl() method. The control has been added to Controls collection
of some TableCell (named dynamicCtlPlaceholder). The control appears in the
desired location. The control allows to enter two strings: name and surname.

I would like to get data, that user entered into the control (two textboxes
inside the control) upon postback. how can I get it ?
When I iterate through the dynamicCtlPlaceholder's Controls property, there
is no my control. The runtime has not recreated it upon postback.

How can I get the values ?

Thanks for help
Michal Januszczyk

marc.derider@gmail.com

That is because you are responsible for recreating the control each
time. You are also responsible for making sure that it is given the
same name each time. If you do the following in a timely manner then
the viewstate should be loaded and the values should be available