Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Regular Expression Validator

Regular Expression Validator

Nick

I'm very new to asp.net so forgive if this is a simple question.
I have created web page for my site so people can log their e-mail address
for a news letter.
I add a regularexpressionvalidator control to validate the e-mail address
structure.
The validator works fine and displays my message when the e-mail format is
incorrect and displays nothing when it is.
However when I added it it seems to have stopped the event firing on the
asp:button control.
If I delete the validator the button works fine. Add it back and it stops
working.
What am I doing wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nick

Damn.. Found the answer. I have been using ASP.NET Webmatrix and running the
page from this on the Server created by the program.
It fails when I do it from here but I have just run the same page through
IIS and it works.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...