Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Timeout problem

Timeout problem

ruca

Hi,

CONFIGURATIONS
I have set a timeout for my application to 5 minutes. For that I use
Session.Timeout = 5.
In IIS Timeout the value is the default: 20 minutes and 90 seconds for ASP
Script Timeout

PROBLEM
I have a Login page that redirect to a Menu page (if login success). In that
menu I have some items linking to anothers pages.
The problem is that when I choose links, sometimes gives me an error saying
that timeout is over. What's wrong and what can I do.

NOTES:
This problem only occurs if the server is Windows 2000. I've try in XP and
2003 and it works fine.

--
Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
Thank's (if you try to help me)

kevneedham

We had this problem and it was due to the Active Directory server
being playng up. I'm not an Active Directory expert and didn't fix the
problem myself but see if your network support can check your AD
server for any problems.