Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Problem setting style of a calendar control via stylesheet

Problem setting style of a calendar control via stylesheet

Martin Bischoff

Hi, I have a problem setting the style of a calendar control using style
sheets.

Example: I have set the calendar control's property
TodayDayStyle-CssClass to "today". In my .css I have:

..today
{
color: Red;
background-color: Yellow;
}

The calendar control will render today's day with a yellow background,
but it ignores the red foreground-color.

When I look at the generated html code in the browser, I can see the
following (this is the <TD> for today):

href="javascript:__doPostBack('Calendar1$Calendar1 ','1836')"
style="color:Black">10</a></td>

The <a> tag has it's color set to Black. I did not set this anywhere,
neither in the control's properties, nor in the .css.

Is there any way to stop the calendar control from writing this
"color:Black" so that the definitions from the css are used?

Thanks,
Martin