Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > What is the WEB equivalant for Console.WriteLine()

What is the WEB equivalant for Console.WriteLine()

Chuck Insight

Chuck Insight

Where I found the occurance is:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...dexoftopic.asp

Chuck Insight

Where I found the occurance is:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...dexoftopic.asp

Please respond using VB .Net within the context of an ASPX File

MasterGaurav

Console.WriteLine and IndexOf??

You will need to add a tracelistener. See the following page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...erselement.asp

--
Cheers,
Gaurav Vaish

Mohamed El Ashmawy

You could use "Response.Writeline(string YourMessage)"
This would write the text on the web browser of the client

Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

Scott M.

Or, you could drop a label on your page and write to the text property of
the label.

""Mohamed El Ashmawy"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You could use "Response.Writeline(string YourMessage)"
> This would write the text on the web browser of the client
>
> Regards
> Mohamed El Ashmawy
> MEA Developer Support Center
> ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Response.Write?

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Chuck Insight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

MasterGaurav

Response.Write...???
I assume he's looking at the server-side (console) rather than the
output side (client / browser).

--
Cheers,
Gaurav Vaish

Chuck Insight

Actually, my desire is to display the requested output in a browser.

"MasterGaurav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Response.Write...???
> I assume he's looking at the server-side (console) rather than the
> output side (client / browser).
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Gaurav Vaish
> http://mastergaurav.org
> http://mastergaurav.blogspot.com

Chuck Insight

I am designing my project to work with the contents of either an array or an
arraylist by knowing its index.

Since I am still very much a beginner, am I correct in concluding that the
article you mentioned is intended to help programmers manipulate files
rather than the contents of an array or an arraylist? If a listener is what
I need, deploying it is well beyond my present ability.