Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > web control and javascript

web control and javascript

Chris

Hi,

I want to offload some server processing to the client.

My idea:
I have a listbox of items the user has populated. using a text box control
and a
button control both of which are server side.

I want to be able remove items from the listbox using a remove button that
is client side javascripted.
When the user clicks on a listitem and presses a remove html button, the item
is removed. The user might remove multiple items in this manner.

Then they hit submit, which is a server side button using code-behind.
Will the listbox object now be out of sync with what is on the webpage which
has not done a post back in sometime? Will my code behind logic see the
original listitems before the removal or will it see the smaller list?

is this possible or are their other solutions?

thanks

Chris

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Chris,

You might want to take a look at the free DynamicListBox Control here which
should show you how to use JavaScript and server-side code in a compatible
way:

http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/DynamicListBox.aspx

news:(E-Mail Removed)...