Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Button vs HTML Submit Button

Button vs HTML Submit Button

Olivier Matrot

Hello,

I would like to replace a Button with a corresponding HTML submit button on
my web page. The goal is to use pure HMTL to let our customers modify the
look of our application.

What I've done so far, is to replace the ASP tags with the correponding HTML
generated at runtime. This is working fine but I've lost the link between
the button and the code in my page. How can I restore it ?

TIA.

GMK

If i understood what do u mean i think that you are clicking on the new
button and there are no action on the screen.
if this is the problem i think that you must check you code and check the
follwing information:

Private Sub btn_send_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btn_send.Click

check if the "Handles btn_send.Click" EXIST AT THE END OF THE LINE .

"Olivier Matrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I would like to replace a Button with a corresponding HTML submit button

on
> my web page. The goal is to use pure HMTL to let our customers modify the
> look of our application.
>
> What I've done so far, is to replace the ASP tags with the correponding

HTML
> generated at runtime. This is working fine but I've lost the link between
> the button and the code in my page. How can I restore it ?
>
> TIA.

Olivier Matrot

I forgot to say that I'm using C#.

"GMK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ul$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If i understood what do u mean i think that you are clicking on the new
> button and there are no action on the screen.
> if this is the problem i think that you must check you code and check the
> follwing information:
>
> Private Sub btn_send_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
> System.EventArgs) Handles btn_send.Click
>

> check if the "Handles btn_send.Click" EXIST AT THE END OF THE LINE .
>
> "Olivier Matrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to replace a Button with a corresponding HTML submit button

> on
>> my web page. The goal is to use pure HMTL to let our customers modify the
>> look of our application.
>>
>> What I've done so far, is to replace the ASP tags with the correponding

> HTML
>> generated at runtime. This is working fine but I've lost the link between
>> the button and the code in my page. How can I restore it ?
>>
>> TIA.

Leo

Are you remembering to add the runat=server attribute in the HTML view of
the page for that control?