Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Repeater Control problem

Repeater Control problem

Emanuele Ripamonti

Hi everybody,

I've written a customization of WebControl.Repeater control and I'm trying
to avoid using ViewState.

Doing some prototyping I've have disabled viewstate at page and custom
control level and everything seems to work correctly.

But I'm experiencing some problem in my "production" control. During
postback phase my repeater control does not keep his state correctly.

After some reseach I've understood that repeater control rely on posted data
and "_!ItemCount" ViewState item for postback pocessing.

The problem seems to be originated by this last item. I've noticed that in
the prototype "_!ItemCount" is mantained also if I disable viewstate. The
same thing does not happen in the real project.

Any idea about why this could happen?

Cheers,
Emanuele