Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Mixing child properties and child controls - how?

Mixing child properties and child controls - how?

Donal McWeeney

Hi,

I'm building a custom control derived from WebControl - and I want to add a
child property of type Style - but my control will also contain any amount
of child controls - how do I go about doing this.

eg.

<MyCustomControl runat="server">
<CustomStyle ... />

<asp:HyperLink runat="server" ...
etc

</MyCustomControl>

Any pointers to examples greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Donal

[MSFT]

Hello Donal,

You may take a look at this article to see if it will help:

Building Templated Custom ASP.NET Server Controls
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/dnaspp/html
/aspnet-buildtemplatedsrvrcntrls.asp

Luke

Donal McWeeney

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the pointer. Will start looking there...

Sound

Donal

[MSFT]

Thank you for the update. If you have further questions, please feel free
to post in the newsgroup

Luke