Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Multiple columns in a List Box

Multiple columns in a List Box

Srinivasa Rao

I am trying to create a list box which has two columns seperated by a
vertical line. When i select an item in the first column, it should only
select the item in the first column and not the item in the second column.
How can i create a list box like this? I have gone through the properties of
list box. It does not have any multiplecolumns property like in windows
applications.

Any help mostly welcome.

Regards
G.V.Srinivasa Rao.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

I don't think that functionality is available in listboxes in HTML.

"Srinivasa Rao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to create a list box which has two columns seperated by a
> vertical line. When i select an item in the first column, it should only
> select the item in the first column and not the item in the second column.
> How can i create a list box like this? I have gone through the properties
> of
> list box. It does not have any multiplecolumns property like in windows
> applications.
>
> Any help mostly welcome.
>
> Regards
> G.V.Srinivasa Rao.

Chuck Insight

This sounds like you want to create the visual effect of a table.
Populate it this way:
Good Luck

"Srinivasa Rao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to create a list box which has two columns seperated by a
> vertical line. When i select an item in the first column, it should only
> select the item in the first column and not the item in the second column.
> How can i create a list box like this? I have gone through the properties

of
> list box. It does not have any multiplecolumns property like in windows
> applications.
>
> Any help mostly welcome.
>
> Regards
> G.V.Srinivasa Rao.

Columns in Dropdown list and list box =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBU?= ASP .Net 3 06-27-2007 01:08 AM
List with multiple columns Bruno HTML 1 06-09-2005 10:04 PM
populate one list box with selected values from another list box steven.cooper@infocision.com ASP .Net 1 03-12-2005 11:29 PM
Format a list into multiple columns, or dynamically display columnsusing CSS? Steve HTML 2 08-20-2004 06:46 AM

Advertisments