Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Disabling radio button client - side

Disabling radio button client - side

John Hopper

Hello,

I'm using client-side script to enable/disable a series of web controls. All
except radio buttons can be enabled by
document.getElementById.controlName.disabled = false.

How do I enable the asp radio buttons in this script?

Thank you

Mohamed El Ashmawy

Hello,
I used
window.document.Form1.all("RadioButton1").disabled =true;
to disable a radio button and used
window.document.Form1.all("RadioButton1").disabled =false;
to enable it again and it worked.

Would you please try it this way and tell me if it works on your side too.

Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

John Hopper

Well that's what I expected to use because I use that too with html radio
buttons but it didn't seem to work with asp radio button controls. Thanks
anyway. I ended up just disabling the table cell containing the radio buttons
in the method you describe.

John Hopper

""Mohamed El Ashmawy"" wrote:

> Hello,
> I used
> window.document.Form1.all("RadioButton1").disabled =true;
> to disable a radio button and used
> window.document.Form1.all("RadioButton1").disabled =false;
> to enable it again and it worked.
>
> Would you please try it this way and tell me if it works on your side too.
>
> Regards
> Mohamed El Ashmawy
> MEA Developer Support Center
> ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

Guess

[This followup was posted to
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontro ls and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hello,
>
> I'm using client-side script to enable/disable a series of web controls. All
> except radio buttons can be enabled by
> document.getElementById.controlName.disabled = false.
>
> How do I enable the asp radio buttons in this script?
>
> Thank you

The problem is that getElementById.controlName is an array! One for each
radio button with the same controlName