Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Page validation with multiple panels

Page validation with multiple panels

Jonas

Hi!

I have aspx-page where I use multiple panels to make room for more controls
than would otherwise fit onto one page. On submit, the controls on all
panels, visible or not, should be validated with the ASP.NET validators, and
if the page is valid, it is sent to the database in one transaction. But it
seems that only the controls on the visible panels gets validated.

Is there a easy way to solve this problem?

Brgds

Jonas

Jonas

I now got it to work if I in the serverside code for the submit button set
my panels to be visible and then call Page.Validate. This sets Page.IsValid
to false and I can check for this. But I want to messagebox from the
ValidationSummary control to show up as usual, how can I trigger this
without having to loop through the Page.Validators collection manually?

Brgds

Jonas

"Jonas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> I have aspx-page where I use multiple panels to make room for more
> controls than would otherwise fit onto one page. On submit, the controls
> on all panels, visible or not, should be validated with the ASP.NET
> validators, and if the page is valid, it is sent to the database in one
> transaction. But it seems that only the controls on the visible panels
> gets validated.
>
> Is there a easy way to solve this problem?
>
> Brgds
>
> Jonas

Jonas

By replacing my aspanels with div-tags I got the client-side validation to
work again.
I got one div as a container and the two inner div's that I set
visibility=hidden and left=1000px when I want that particul div to be
replaced by the other. It seems to work ...

Brgds

Jonas

news:eEi$%(E-Mail Removed)...