Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > signal Interference from other wi-fi users

signal Interference from other wi-fi users

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBC?=

Can anyone help me please?
I have just setup a Wi-Fi network for a friend and every now and then he
loses the signal from his router and picks up the one from next door,
Their signal strength seems to be greater then his even though his is 802G &
B router why is this happening and how can I stop it. Because when the other
user is on their PC my friend has a very weak signal.
Can you help!!!
Dave

DanR

Dave B wrote:
> Can anyone help me please?
> I have just setup a Wi-Fi network for a friend and every now and then he
> loses the signal from his router and picks up the one from next door,
> Their signal strength seems to be greater then his even though his is 802G &
> B router why is this happening and how can I stop it. Because when the other
> user is on their PC my friend has a very weak signal.
> Can you help!!!
> Dave

At the wireless router... change the channel. Default is usually 6. Try 11 and
1.
1, 6, and 11 are the best channels to use. They do not overlap.
While you at the router setup page... make sure you change the password. Do not
ever leave the password to the default.