Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > TabStrip Trouble

TabStrip Trouble

clsmith66

Can any one tell me how to specify which tab and pageview are displayed when
a page loads? I have a tabstrip with three tabs, and each tab contains a
different menu. What I need to do is open a different tab for different
types of users who log into the app. Ex. An administrator when logged on
would automatically go to the admin menu or a technician to the tech menu.
I've tried changing the selected index on the tabstrip when the page loads
but the control still defaults to the first tab.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

clsmith66

It would help if I could count and get the right index. Thank you for your
help.

Chris

"Rick" wrote:

> This is working for me, keep in mind that the index starts at 0:
>
> Protected WithEvents mytabstrip As Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TabStrip
>
> mytabstrip.SelectedIndex = 2
>
> You can disable and enable the tabs also:
>
> mytabstrip.Items(2).Enabled = False
>
> "clsmith66" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Can any one tell me how to specify which tab and pageview are displayed

> when
> > a page loads? I have a tabstrip with three tabs, and each tab contains a
> > different menu. What I need to do is open a different tab for different
> > types of users who log into the app. Ex. An administrator when logged on
> > would automatically go to the admin menu or a technician to the tech menu.
> > I've tried changing the selected index on the tabstrip when the page loads
> > but the control still defaults to the first tab.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris

WebControls: TabStrip, MultiPage, PageView szabelin ASP .Net 1 08-20-2003 07:24 AM
TabStrip control and Form Yatin Bhuta ASP .Net 1 08-13-2003 03:23 AM
TabStrip controls Mark Fox ASP .Net 2 08-08-2003 12:18 AM
IE Webcontrols - Tabstrip floater55 ASP .Net 2 07-16-2003 05:08 PM
Need Help Passing SelectedIndex (Int32) to IE Tabstrip Control Robert V. Hanson ASP .Net 2 07-01-2003 04:18 PM

Advertisments