Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Viewstate lose data

Viewstate lose data

Amir

Hi every one
This is the problem:

I have a UserControl that contains a Repeater and a few LinkButton.
The Repeater generate some linkButton.
I use this control for implementing paging solution for another repeater in
page.

(So I have a repeater and a Usercontrol that contains repeater)

When click the stand-alone LinkButton inside the control,
it postback and execute page_load and then it's click event handler.
When click the the Repeater's Generated LinkButton, it postback and only
execute the page_load.
It can not find and don't execute the Repeater's ItemCommand Event handler.

I've defind the repeater's itemcommand event handler and linked the
eventhandler in repeater's html tage like this:

<asp:repeater id="Repeater1" OnItemCommand="Repeater1_ItemCommand"
OnItemDataBound="Repeater1_ItemDataBound" runat="server">

Another scenario is like this below:
When I sort the main repeater, the repeater inside the control, lose it's
data. I mean there is no
linkbutton inside the repeater.
It looks lose its data inside the viewstate.
Because, when I put this control in another page (empty), everything is fine.

Regards,
Amir