Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > multiple ParseChildren

multiple ParseChildren

Mariusz

Hi
I have a problem with parsing children controls of control. I have control
that have 2 children lists that must be parsed. But when I add second
ParseChildren attribute then I have error 'multiple Parse.....'. I'm using
version with name:
....ParseChildren(true,"Tabs"),ParseChildren(true, "Actions")].
When I use ParseChildren(true)] instead then I got error "Type
'ListFilter.Filter' does not have a property named 'cc2:FilterTab'.". So I
change the name of the tag to the name of the property - and once again I
have error "Type 'ListFilter.Filter' does not have a property named
'cc2:Tabs'.". There is also an option of setting ParseChildren to false but
then all childrens are added as a literal controls to the parent Controls.
This is also very bad because I'm not going to parse them manually.
So - is there a way to call ParseChilderen with names of multiple property
names? I would like to call for example something like this
ParseChildren(true,"Tabs","Actions"). Maybe someone have idea of how to
archieve something like this.

Regards
Mariusz

Smokejumper

I have a similar problem were I inherited from tabstrip (Microsoft's
IEWebControls) to created a custom control of my own. If tabitems are added
from the properties pane then my class gets and error "Type
'MyControlsLibrary.Custom.Web.UI.MyTabStrip' does not have a property named
'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Tab'.

But if the Tabs are added programtically using
MyTabStrip1.Items.Add(tabitem) which is an inherited class from mybase all
works correctly. So I'm pretty sure All I need to do is expose and parse the
Child Tab or Tabitems that I find under my control.

Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

Tom