Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Looking for a tree input control (not navigation!)

Looking for a tree input control (not navigation!)

Matt Weaver

I'm looking for a input control for a tree type data, specifically to
select a department within an organization. When it's collapsed, the
control would just show the selected node/department. When selected, has
focus, etc, it would show the tree structure. Has any heard of such a beast?

-Matt

Nick Stansbury

Hi Matt,

Try Telerik's tree view control at www.telerik.com

My particular favourite is the ability to offer a tree view drop down list -
http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.treevie...eeViewComboBox

Also with drag and drop functionality -
http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.treevie...pToHtmlElement

And with the ability to add right click context menu's on nodes -
http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.treevie...ty/ContextMenu

Hope this is of some help. They offer a 30 day extensible trial - licencing
is a bit of a pain under the trial period but the full-versions are
unrestricted.

Regards,

Nick Stansbury
Sage Partners

"Matt Weaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for a input control for a tree type data, specifically to
> select a department within an organization. When it's collapsed, the
> control would just show the selected node/department. When selected, has
> focus, etc, it would show the tree structure. Has any heard of such a

beast?

> -Matt

Matt Weaver

Yep. That's it. The DDL is exactly what I need.

Nick Stansbury wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Try Telerik's tree view control at www.telerik.com
>
> My particular favourite is the ability to offer a tree view drop down list -
> http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.treevie...eeViewComboBox
>
> Also with drag and drop functionality -
> http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.treevie...pToHtmlElement
>
> And with the ability to add right click context menu's on nodes -
> http://www.telerik.com/r.a.d.treevie...ty/ContextMenu
>
> Hope this is of some help. They offer a 30 day extensible trial - licencing
> is a bit of a pain under the trial period but the full-versions are
> unrestricted.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick Stansbury
> Sage Partners
>

> "Matt Weaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I'm looking for a input control for a tree type data, specifically to
>>select a department within an organization. When it's collapsed, the
>>control would just show the selected node/department. When selected, has
>>focus, etc, it would show the tree structure. Has any heard of such a

> beast?
>
>>-Matt

Nick Stansbury

The only thing to note is that you have to implement it with the code shown
in the example - it's not a default setup unfortunately.
Nick