Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > timer control in asp.net?

timer control in asp.net?

I'm trying to use the timer control but it doesnt matter
what i try - i can't get the elapsed event fire.
I just dropNdroped a timer control and i tryed to set:
timer1.enabled=true
timer1.begininit()
timer1.interval=1000
timer1.start.............

nothing works. I have a vb.net codebehind page that runs a
very big/long sql query for 50 records so I want the
record counter to be a public variable and then use
something like:
private sub timer1_elapsed
' somehow refresh an iframe to show the current record
being updated every x seconds.
end sub