Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless internet

wireless internet

=?Utf-8?B?bXlzdGlr?=

I bought this laptop with wireless network connection. I was wondering if
there is a way to connect to the internet if I only have dial up. Highspeed
is not offered in this area so I have to stay with dial up. But I hate
haveing a phone cord plugged in to my laptop. can you tell me if there is
something I can buy to make it wireless on dial up.

=?Utf-8?B?SW5zdGFsbGVy?=

Hello , Linksys has a model . http://www.linksys.com . Type into the Linksys
search box this model number WRT54GP2 / click the arrow / Select the
website reguarding Products/Wireless/Basic Networking/Voice & Telephne ...
--
KD

"mystik" wrote:

> I bought this laptop with wireless network connection. I was wondering if
> there is a way to connect to the internet if I only have dial up. Highspeed
> is not offered in this area so I have to stay with dial up. But I hate
> haveing a phone cord plugged in to my laptop. can you tell me if there is
> something I can buy to make it wireless on dial up.

Webbie

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...VisitorWrapper
shows the router model mentioned above. On page 7 of the user manual
(link to manual located on right side of page) there is no mention of
dial-up capability, but instead it mentions the phone jacks are for a
special phone service called Vonage, which allows you to make phone
calls if you sign up for that service. Of course, there would be fees.
You should verify the router's capabilities with Linksys before
considering purchasing it.

Dial-up is not broadband, wireless is broadband. I do not believe you
are going to get it to work, without having some sort of broadband
service.

Jack

Hi
Look at option two here, http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html