Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > How to correctly load a dynamic control c#

How to correctly load a dynamic control c#

JC

Hi,

This is best-practise question, I am very keen to hear your thoughts.

I have a method that accepts a DataSet. The method then builds a table
structure using data from the Dataset. As the table builds I add
linkButtons to certain cells and associate them with an onClick event.

If I place a call to the method in the onLoad() or init() events
(which I know I have to in order to have viewstate) all is well
ASSUMING the dataset that populates my original method is available
but if not obviously the call to the method will fail.

I assume that I just do a check to see if the dataset is there, and
then call the method from the page_load() - but maybe I'm missing
something.

I would be glad of some input

Many thanks

James