Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Check Max Length

Check Max Length

Mike Moore

Is there a asp.net validator control that validates the length of the text
being entered or does everyone just write jscript for this?

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Mike Moore wrote:
> Is there a asp.net validator control that validates the length of the text
> being entered or does everyone just write jscript for this?

There's not one out of the box, but you could create your own, either as
an independent, compiled, custom server control, or by using a
CustomValidator [http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/art...073102-1.aspx].

--

Scott Mitchell
http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Mike Moore wrote:
> Is there a asp.net validator control that validates the length of the text
> being entered or does everyone just write jscript for this?

FYI, I created such a control you can use, see:

Also, you could use a RegularExpressionValidator, as Peter Blum
discusses in this post - http://tinyurl.com/7xyht

hth

--

Scott Mitchell
(E-Mail Removed)

want max width and max height as long as not exceed 100px Summercool HTML 9 10-23-2007 02:27 AM
ADSL Max/Max Gordy NZ Computing 6 11-24-2006 11:41 PM
check if string contains numeric, and check string length of numeric value ief@specialfruit.be C++ 5 06-30-2005 01:08 PM
Max Apperture and Max. Shutter Speed Confusion-HELP bhaskar Digital Photography 12 07-22-2003 05:17 PM

Advertisments