Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Showing Error in pop-up boxes in Web Forms

Showing Error in pop-up boxes in Web Forms

Ipsita

Hi!

I am working on a ASP.NET webform application. I need to show errors
on a pop-up window. I want to show some general program related errors
and not just errors from input validations which can be showed on a
ValidationSummary control. Please let me know if there is a way to do
it.

Thanks
Ipsita

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

By popup do you mean a modal dialog box, like a JavaScript alert(), or
do you mean a brand new browser instance?

In either case, what you'll need to do is inject appropriate client-side
script into the rendered page. You can learn more about how to
accomplish this, and what script needs to be injected for these
different scenarios, at my article:

Working with Client-Side Script
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/us...SideScript.asp

Happy Programming!

--

Scott Mitchell
http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

Steven Burton

Try something like this:

private void DisplayMessage(string message)
{
RegisterStartupScript("message", "<script language='JavaScript'>alert('" +
message + "');</script>");
}