Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Calendar Control........

Calendar Control........

thomson

Hi,
When we drag a calendar control, you will be able to see the
previous and next month dates in the control[iam not talking about the
header], the dates,
I need to show only the dates for that particular month, is
that possible,[Everything is possible], but let me know how is it done

Thanks in Advance

Thomson

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Thomson,

You just need to use the DayRender event to substitute a space for the date
if the day falls in a different month. Try this?

Private Sub Calendar1_DayRender _
(ByVal sender As Object, _
ByVal e As System.Web.UI. _
WebControls.DayRenderEventArgs) _
Handles Calendar1.DayRender
' Ken Cox Nov 9/2004
' Substitute a space if the day
' belongs to another month
If e.Day.IsOtherMonth Then
e.Cell.Text = " "
End If
End Sub

Does this help?

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

"thomson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
> When we drag a calendar control, you will be able to see the
> previous and next month dates in the control[iam not talking about the
> header], the dates,
> I need to show only the dates for that particular month, is
> that possible,[Everything is possible], but let me know how is it done
>
> Thanks in Advance
>

> Thomson

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

thomson wrote:
> When we drag a calendar control, you will be able to see the
> previous and next month dates in the control[iam not talking about the
> header], the dates,
> I need to show only the dates for that particular month, is
> that possible,[Everything is possible], but let me know how is it done

Thomson, if I understand you correctly, you want to not show the links
tot he next and previous month, just the date for the current month,
correct?

To do so, simply set the Calendar's ShowNextPrevMonth property to False.
That's all there is to it.

Happy Programming!

--

Scott Mitchell
http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Whoops, after reading Ken's response and then re-reading your question,
Thomson, I think I misunderstood. As you can see, Ken's answer is the
way to go...

Thanks

--

Scott Mitchell
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed) (thomson) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi,
> When we drag a calendar control, you will be able to see the
> previous and next month dates in the control[iam not talking about the
> header], the dates,
> I need to show only the dates for that particular month, is
> that possible,[Everything is possible], but let me know how is it done
>
> Thanks in Advance
>

> Thomson

Thank You Ken, and Scott for your answers? .......i was out of
touch for few days...was on vacation, Do let you know the results