Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: enabling asp.net on iis 5.1

Re: enabling asp.net on iis 5.1

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

run 'aspnet_regiis -i' from Framework's folder
(%SYSTEM%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version>)

If you have IIS installed first and you then install Framework, ASP.NET
would be set up automatically.

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

"Chris Curvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is so [expletive deleted] simple, but I've been searching for hours

and I can't find it. I've installed the .net redistributable and the .net
framework SDK. Now, how to I enable asp.net on IIS 5.1? Every time I try
to read an aspx file, IIS tries to send back an octet stream. When I try to
install the aspnet_isapi.dll as a new extension, MMC will not enable the
"OK" button.