Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > Anchor property in web apps

Reply
Thread Tools

Anchor property in web apps

 
 
niv
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-27-2004
Hi,

I dont have .NET with me at the moment so I cannot check
this myself..

I know that when working on a windows application, there
is a feature that allows the control to be anchored.

Does this feature exist when developing web applications?

If not.. how do I accomplish the anchor feature.

Thanks,

niv
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Robert Koritnik
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2004
Using HTML tables... and percentage dimensions. Most of the websites use
this technique, so do web apps. And so should you.

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }

"niv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1ec501c4bc2f$88a31350$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I dont have .NET with me at the moment so I cannot check
> this myself..
>
> I know that when working on a windows application, there
> is a feature that allows the control to be anchored.
>
> Does this feature exist when developing web applications?
>
> If not.. how do I accomplish the anchor feature.
>
> Thanks,
>
> niv



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
niv
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2004
Hi Robert,
Thanks for the reply.
Do you have a link so that I can check out an example of
this?

Thanks again.

>-----Original Message-----
>Using HTML tables... and percentage dimensions. Most of

the websites use
>this technique, so do web apps. And so should you.
>
>--
>RobertK
>{ Clever? No just smart. }
>
>"niv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:1ec501c4bc2f$88a31350$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I dont have .NET with me at the moment so I cannot check
>> this myself..
>>
>> I know that when working on a windows application, there
>> is a feature that allows the control to be anchored.
>>
>> Does this feature exist when developing web

applications?
>>
>> If not.. how do I accomplish the anchor feature.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> niv

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Robert Koritnik
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2004
No I don't but actually almost (let's say at least 90%) of all web pages are
an example of this in a way.
If your table has a width of 100% it will always span over the whole width
of the window (if not contained in another element). And if it contains two
cells one aligned left the other right all elements would align as supposed.
When you resize the window the table will be wider and elements within those
cells would still align. Especialy those on the right side would change
their position.

There is one problem. Bottom anchoring, while web pages tend to be height
unlimited. It is possible, but most of the people suggest not using it, so I
won't explaint it to you. You have to be more careful with user
experience...

Beside this: if you don't understand this, I suggest you to start learning
HTML, while it's very simple, UI design fast and friendly and soon Windows
apps will be done the same way. Sonner or later. I mean with flow layout.

--
RobertK
{ Clever? No just smart. }

"niv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1a7801c4bce9$d9a186a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Robert,
> Thanks for the reply.
> Do you have a link so that I can check out an example of
> this?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Using HTML tables... and percentage dimensions. Most of

> the websites use
> >this technique, so do web apps. And so should you.
> >
> >--
> >RobertK
> >{ Clever? No just smart. }
> >
> >"niv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:1ec501c4bc2f$88a31350$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I dont have .NET with me at the moment so I cannot check
> >> this myself..
> >>
> >> I know that when working on a windows application, there
> >> is a feature that allows the control to be anchored.
> >>
> >> Does this feature exist when developing web

> applications?
> >>
> >> If not.. how do I accomplish the anchor feature.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> niv

> >
> >
> >.
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
.NET 2.0 Web Apps / .NET 3.5 ASP.NET Apps - Differences/Similariti london1919 MCTS 1 12-08-2008 03:16 PM
Which do you prefer? MCTS: Web Apps or MCTS: Windows Apps? Willy David Jr MCTS 3 01-09-2007 05:49 AM
how do I change the href property to the web anchor element =?Utf-8?B?ZXN3YW5zb24=?= ASP .Net 6 03-28-2006 09:35 AM
Call windows apps from web apps anonymous ASP .Net Datagrid Control 4 02-28-2005 01:25 PM
Web enabled apps/Thin client apps Richard Choate ASP General 2 07-23-2003 02:28 PM



Advertisments