Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Web Controls > How to copy n paste .asp files to Solution Explorer and have it show up there?

How to copy n paste .asp files to Solution Explorer and have it show up there?

Jason Robertson

Hi,

I have just installed Visual Studio.net 2003 Enterprise Architect.
I have been using Visual Interdev so far, and I am used to be able to select
from a desktop bunch of .asp files, drag and drop them into a Project
Explorer window and have it show there as a tree of files. Is there some
setting that I need to enable in Visual Studio.Net to do the drag and drop
to Solution Explorer (which seems to be the equivalent of Project Explorer
in InterDev) and have it show there as a tree of files?

Thank you for your help.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Jason,

It works the same except that you probably haven't told the project to show
hidden files. Try selecting the project name (not the solution) and rolling
over the icons in the upper area. Click the one to show all files.

"Jason Robertson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Visual Studio.net 2003 Enterprise Architect.
> I have been using Visual Interdev so far, and I am used to be able to
> select
> from a desktop bunch of .asp files, drag and drop them into a Project
> Explorer window and have it show there as a tree of files. Is there some
> setting that I need to enable in Visual Studio.Net to do the drag and drop
> to Solution Explorer (which seems to be the equivalent of Project Explorer
> in InterDev) and have it show there as a tree of files?
>
> Thank you for your help.

Jason Robertson

Hi, It only shows as tabs above the window where you write your programs,
but no tree of files on the side.
Do you have any other clues?

"Jason Robertson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Visual Studio.net 2003 Enterprise Architect.
> I have been using Visual Interdev so far, and I am used to be able to

select
> from a desktop bunch of .asp files, drag and drop them into a Project
> Explorer window and have it show there as a tree of files. Is there some
> setting that I need to enable in Visual Studio.Net to do the drag and drop
> to Solution Explorer (which seems to be the equivalent of Project Explorer
> in InterDev) and have it show there as a tree of files?
>
> Thank you for your help.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Try this:

1. From the View menu, click Solution Explorer.
2. In the Solution explorer window. select the project name.
3. From the Project menu, click Show All Files.
4. Drag a directory containing files using Windows Explorer and drop it on
the project name.

Do you see a treeview now?

Ken

"Jason Robertson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, It only shows as tabs above the window where you write your programs,
> but no tree of files on the side.
> Do you have any other clues?
>

> "Jason Robertson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just installed Visual Studio.net 2003 Enterprise Architect.
>> I have been using Visual Interdev so far, and I am used to be able to

> select
>> from a desktop bunch of .asp files, drag and drop them into a Project
>> Explorer window and have it show there as a tree of files. Is there some
>> setting that I need to enable in Visual Studio.Net to do the drag and
>> drop
>> to Solution Explorer (which seems to be the equivalent of Project
>> Explorer
>> in InterDev) and have it show there as a tree of files?
>>
>> Thank you for your help.

John Saunders

"Jason Robertson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,

Please don't crosspost so much! What did this question have to do with Web
Controls, for instance?

John Saunders